Friday, April 11, 2008

Random musings

Nothing huge to report lately, so I thought I'd just highlight a few of the random things rattling around in my brain these days...bear with me...

  • My child will be ONE YEAR OLD a week from tomorrow. This is blowing my mind right now. I have no clue where the last year has gone. Nevermind, I do know where it's gone - straight into the most beautiful child ever to walk the face of the planet (I'm not biased or anything!) Honestly, this year has been wonderful. I doubt I would have said that while I was nursing her around the clock. In fact, I think during that time I was wondering just what the hell I had gotten myself into and what made me think I was fit to be a parent. I now know that apparently most, if not all, new parents have this same feeling. It too shall pass my parent-friends said, and they were right. Now I can hardly remember what it was like to not have Carrie in my life (although I do vaguely catch a glimpse of what it used to be like when Jerry and I leave the house without her...that means if we say we are heading out at 5pm, we are actually walking out the door at 5pm, not frantically searching the house for socks/jacket/bottle/food/diaper bag/whatever else we need, and actually leaving at about 5:30)
  • When planning your child's birthday party, make sure the decorations are still available that match the invitations you fell in love with and "just had to have." I ordered Classic Winnie the Pooh invites and sent them all out, and only then did I realize that Classic Winnie the Pooh decorations had been DISCONTINUED. Huh? Who the heck discontinues such items? Thankfully eBay exists and I've paid more than I ever thought I would to have matching plates, balloons, and banners.
  • Carrie's trying her hardest to walk these days. She likes for you to stand behind her and hold her hands so she can motor around. It's pretty cute, and I'm all for her walking, but terrified of how in the heck I'm supposed to keep up with her at that point. I mean, she can already just about out-crawl me, so what's gonna happen when she's running???
  • We really love living in SC! And to answer everyone's question - yes, it's going fine living with Jerry's parents, and I really mean that and am not just saying that since I know they'll be reading this :) Apparently they get the same question as well..."So...how IS it living with your grown son, daughter-in-law, and one year old granddaughter?" As if it's some sort of death sentence that we are bunking up with them for the time being. Alston apparently had quite the experience when some woman overheard her talking to Jerry's mom about this. If you know Alston, please ask her about this story - to see/hear her tell it is priceless.
  • While we loving living here, we miss our friends :( Jenn/Rad, Amy/Aaron, Amy/Nate and all of the other folks we hung out with there. It's no secret that Gainesville wasn't my dream town to live in, but we really did have some wonderful friends there, so we miss seeing them on a regular basis.
  • I love my job. Love it. And I'm a big dork because I love working for GT.

Okay, I think that's about it for now. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: