Monday, April 12, 2010

In Love (Again)

Yes, I'm in love again.  This time with our new nanny, Lizzy!  She's been with us two weeks and I'm once again in heaven :)  Not that there was anything wrong with Joan; not at all.  She was great with Anna....it was just the combo of dealing with both Anna and Carrie in the AM and PM that was going to be dicey.  She had a hard time carrying Anna in the car seat, and that was without trying to make sure Carrie didn't fling herself out into the street at the house or school.  Kayla and I both have been known to have to go darting across the yard, Anna in hand, behind Carrie who's decided it's a fun game to try to run away from whomever's watching her at the time.  NOT COOL.  But we are keeping Joan on our babysitter list for date nights and so forth, so we were able to end on amicable terms. 

Back to Lizzy - the name may sound familiar because she used to be Carrie's teacher.  As in on March 26th she was Carrie's teacher and on March 29th she became our nanny.  Yes, it provided for a tiny bit of drama at school, but everyone's over it now (I think!).  Lizzy made sure everyone there understood that it was her idea to approach us regarding a nanny position once she heard we were looking.  I personally think they were just sad to see her go, and who wouldn't be?  She's been an amazing teacher to Carrie this year, and now will be hanging out with Anna teaching her all kinds of things.  Yes, Jerry and I did stop to ponder the idea that "hey....if we hire Lizzy we're basically taking from one kid to provide for another."  We have full confidence in the other teachers in Carrie's class to carry on the quality care Carrie was getting in her class, not to mention Lizzy was already spending half the day in another classroom. 

I feel like we are getting settled back in and can mark the nanny thing off our list, hopefully for good!  Heck, Lizzy did a far superior job to me in packing the girls' things for our trip this past weekend than I ever could have.  The house looks amazing when I get home (I'm sure Lizzy gets frustrated when she comes the next morning and finds we've undone all her hard work!).  Both girls are happy as can be (or as happy as a three year old can be) And remember what I said when Kayla left that I doubted that we'd find another nanny that would text me during the day and send cute pictures of Anna?  Perhaps I spoke too soon:


Welcome to the family Lizzy!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awesome news! So glad that worry is gone!