Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quick Update!

So I just called in to the infusion center to make sure they received the faxed results of my TB test I had done years ago at UF (you have to have this done prior to getting a Remicade infusion), and was met with good news - not only has she received the results, but has already cleared it with my insurance company and did I want to come in this afternoon?? Okay, that was a bit fast for me, so I asked if I could just come in tomorrow, so I'm heading in tomorrow morning for my first infusion since November. I probably just should have taken the approach I did in New Zealand with skydiving and just did it this afternoon to not give myself too much time to think about it. Oh well. I promise to try not to dissolve into tears when they hook me up to the IV. :) I just have to keep reminding myself I am doing the best I can for both me and my child by having this done. I have to believe that three separate doctors would not tell me to do this if it wasn't going to be okay. I hate having to rely on others' information....I'm not good with giving up control, if anyone's noticed!

On a happier note, a previous babysitter of Carrie's took some AMAZING pictures of her this past weekend, and I have uploaded them all on our Picasa site. She's just graduated from UVA and is trying to get her business going. Take a look at her site here. Although still young, I think she did a wonderful job with a toddler that was constantly on the move throughout the entire time she was there snapping pics. Keep in mind these are all un-retouched. I still have to go through them and pick and choose which ones I'd like in black/white, sepia, etc. The ones that are already in B/W are ones she initially took last summer while babysitting. I freaked out when she showed them to me and immediately requested that she come take more photos this past weekend! I also told her that, with another little one on the way, she should probably just block out an hour or so each time she comes to visit her parents to come take pictures of my family. Enjoy :)

No comments: