Friday, May 1, 2009

Over halfway there

I can't believe I'm 22 weeks pregnant with #2 today. It literally seems like just yesterday that I was staring at those two lines on the test and thinking "huh?????" I'm pretty sure Jerry had the same reaction when I came bounding up to him, still in bed, woke him up and said something to the effect of "LOOK AT THIS!" Sometimes I'm still in a bit of shock/denial about it, but then get quickly snapped out of it when I can hardly catch my breath to keep up with Carrie and am finding it increasingly more difficult to find a comfy way to carry her when she wants to "hold you." (that's what she says when she wants someone to carry her).

I know I need to update this with photos from the big 2nd birthday party. It's on the "list" for this weekend. We'll see how far I get. I seem to have these grand plans on Fridays of what to do on the weekends while Carrie's napping....but when it comes right down to it and she goes down for a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon, I start thinking that sounds like a darn good idea for myself.

I did accomplish one big item on the to do list last night, and that was ordering Carrie's big girl bedroom furniture. I did this with a mixture of excitment and sadness. I'm excited because I know she's ready for it, and also the practical reason of the incoming child will obviously need a place to crash, but a little sad that she won't be in her crib anymore. She really is growing up (as if I didn't know that from the attitude she throws every now and then, but still...) I just can't quite picture her sleeping in a double bed!! I did manage to forget to order the guard rails for the darn bed, though. Guess it's one more thing to add to my list.

No comments: