Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Random thoughts

It's been awhile since I posted so there's lots of random thoughts running around in my head. Here goes!
-I hate flying. HATE. IT. Like, so much so that I tend to generally try to take benadryl or something similar when flying so I can just hopefully fall asleep and wake up on the other side. It never happens that way, but if I take the benadryl I generally don't have a panic attack at every slight turbulence. I got the go ahead from the doc today to take some benadryl or tylenol PM for the upcoming flight should I need/want it. Can someone tell me again why I insist on wanting to visit all these places that require such long flights? I never regret it when I get there, but man....the getting there part sucks sometimes. I'm not sure where I got this irrational fear from, but maybe first class seats will help me get over it :)

-I finally finished up most of my packing tonight. I was halfway done on Sunday, but got derailed by Carrie. She was "helping" me as she so often likes to do these days, but disappeared for a minute and came back dragging her little rolling backpack announcing that she too was going to pack for Portugal. Can you say Mommy turned into a puddle?

-Got another dose of Remicade last Friday. This stuff works crazy well. My last GI doc in FL used to joke with me and say it's my version of crack. Why yes it is, and I'm not afraid to say it. I hadn't gained any weight at my last two OB appointments which was starting to concern my doc, but I went back today and I'm finally up to having gained 10lbs so far for the pregnancy. Never thought I'd be excited about gaining weight people! I also got to have another peek at the little guy/gal, which was great. Everything's measuring right on, so yeah for that!

-Work's been tough this week. Staff reorganizations are never fun, especially when they include eliminating positions. It's times like these I really don't like being in HR.

-Carrie and I took our first solo road trip to Atlanta over the Memorial Day holiday, and I am excited to say it went quite well! We didn't have any major breakdowns (vehicle or Carrie-wise), and it was great to see family. We were supposed to have a repeat trip last weekend for a friend's baby shower, but alas, it was not meant to be. Carrie got snotty and coughy on Friday, then on Saturday thought it best to get some sort of stomach virus....which I apparently picked up starting Sunday night/Monday morning. Ugh. Thankfully both of us are done with the getting sick thing, although I'm still hacking up a lung.

I think that's all for now folks. I can't make any promises to post while I'm in Portugal/Spain, but I'll try :)

No comments: