Monday, October 26, 2009

My Inner Chef

One good thing I've discovered while on maternity leave this time around (other than having fun hanging out with Anna), is I've been able to actually cook. Not the "It's 6pm what the heck are we having? Tacos sound good" cooking, but flipping through my recipes and cookbooks and trying new recipes out that I haven't been able to try before now. I really love cooking, I just don't seem to have enough time to do it during the week while working and doing the kid thing. I've discovered some great cookbooks that focus on cooking in large batches at once and then freezing, which actually got me through a lot of the time Jerry was in Portugal. We always have homemade spaghetti sauce at the ready in the freezer, and now some homemade chicken pot pie, chicken enchiladas, and some yummy lasagna.

Before Jerry headed to Chicago yesterday morning he said "You know, I'm going to really miss your cooking this week." I think that was the biggest compliment on my cooking I've ever received :)

3 comments:

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

Confirmed - the cooking gene skips a generation.

Grandmama said...

So glad you enjoy cooking . I used to really enjoy it .A good thing we sure could not have been able to go out all the time. I had pork chops which I know you used to love . And the same night we had lima beans which Brandy loves.
You will have to cook for us someday.
Love To You All
Grandmama

Melissa said...

What is the name of the cookbook you're using? I need to freeze some meals ahead for after the baby's birth.