Monday, October 26, 2009

Sign that your newborn nurses too much (or that your husband needs to watch what he says around your two year old)

So the family had a nice get together yesterday at Cedar Bluff in honor of Alston's birthday and her visit to the lowcountry. There were aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, you name it. I was talking with a few of these folks when Anna started getting a little fussy and my darling first daughter Carrie is right there beside me. I ask her a question I've asked a million times since Anna was born.

Me- "Carrie, Anna's upset, huh?"
Carrie - "Yep."
Me - "Yes (we're trying to get her to say 'yes' instead of 'yep' or 'yeah'). What do you think she needs?"

Now, 99.99% of the time when I ask her that question she says "She's hungry" or "she needs food." This, apparently, was the .01% that she busted out with a different answer.

Carrie - "She needs the boob!"

Thanks, Carrie. Appreciate that.

And Jerry - if that's not proof that Carrie is listening to EVERY SINGLE WORD that is said, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Jen Dalton said...

Love it! Welcome to TWO!

a said...

ba ha! That is hilarious --