Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to work

So I'm back at work now. Boo hiss. I actually did better this time around than I did when I returned to work after having Carrie. I seem to remember being reduced to an absolute puddle of tears several times that first day back. This time I had some tears as I left in the morning since I don't get to see either Anna or Carrie in the morning before leaving for work (I'm now working 7-4 instead of 8-5), but managed to make it through the day without any further meltdowns. Anna was so excited to see me when she woke up from her nap and I was there last night, so that was great. Carrie goes to sleep around 7:30-8 so I unfortunately don't get to see her too much after work, but Anna still doesn't go to sleep till about 11 so I have plenty of quality time with her :)

It was so weird last night....we had ZERO meltdowns from either girl last night. Which was nice, don't get me wrong, since Jerry was at a function in Savannah so I had them both last night. But it was a little like "who are you and what did you do with my children?" Perhaps it was as one of my friends put it on my facebook page, that it was just a lot of fun when I got home and so they weren't interested in mucking it up by pitching a fit! It is nice and quiet at work as compared to home, but I already find myself waiting for the weekend so we can have all day together. Wonder if I'll still feel the same by 8pm on Sunday evenings :)

2 comments:

David said...

No word on the football score from Saturday night?

Hmmm.

Was nice to see Carrie does a very nice "woof woof".

Kristy said...

Carrie does a nice "woof woof" strictly because she currently lives with 6 dogs. Trust me, it has nothing to do with UGA!!

And no mention of the score because, quite frankly, I'm embarassed of the performance on Saturday night. I could say "wait till next year" but what's the use? I just hope we look better on Saturday.

Besides, I still have one team that beat UGA this year, remains undefeated, could play for the championship, and has the classiest QB around (and yes, I can say that b/c I met him while at UF!)