Friday, January 8, 2010

Chaos

I feel a little bit like I'm living in a lot of chaos right now. It's not a bad problem to have, since I think the majority of the chaos is caused by the fact that we moved, but still....my OCD tendencies do not lend themselves well to this feeling of being out of control. Jerry just called me and said he couldn't find Carrie's hat and mittens anywhere for her to take to school for when they go outside to play....they are sitting in the Envoy from when I picked her up yesterday and they never made it from the car to the house. So now I have visions of my poor child freezing her petunias off outside. Thankfully the coat she has today has a giant hood on it, but still I feel like a bad mommy. I'm sure the teachers at school are wondering just when we're going to get our act together (or perhaps they are just used to it and I'm not the only one? Who knows?)

There are still a bunch of boxes in Anna's room that may or may not actually need to be in there. I haven't been able to find a spare minute to go scavage through them to see what's in there, so there they sit. I'm sure Kayla's wondering what the hell they are still doing in there (perhaps I should have her scrounge around in them to find out what's in there!)

The kitchen counters drive. me. insane. Only one counter, really. I've dubbed it the "Command Center." There was, at one time, about FOUR laptops on the counter. Thankfully that's been reduced to one, but there are all these wires everywhere. Wires for the external hard drive. Wires for the camera to the computer. Wires for charging our cell phones. I've designated an entire drawer in the kitchen for nothing but wires.

Our Christmas tree is still up. Not that big of a deal since there were never any ornaments on it (just had to have it up for the kiddos!) and it's artificial, but still. Ready to move on from Christmas.

I have a feeling a lot of these things will be rectified in the next 24-48 hours seeing as how Anna's baptism is on Sunday and we'll be having a lunch gathering at our house on Sunday afternoon. I just hope no one opens the doors what will be the office, cause if they do it'll be like the cartoons where all the stuff comes flying out and buries the poor unsuspecting soul.

4 comments:

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

Your eldest daughter should have extra mittens in her closet - her OCD Lady put them there over the weekend.

a said...

just rolling with the punches, eh!? I wish we could be there on Sunday -- have a wonderful time -- where is Anna's baptism?

Grandmama said...

Kristy just hang in there it will all time out fine. You all have had a lot going on this last year .But take your old Grandmama's word for it .It will all still be there when things slow down.Just do what you can and do not worry about the rest . How many times have you told me that?
Love You All
Grandmama

Kristy said...

A - Anna was baptized at CCE (but obviously at St. Michael's). Can't wait to put up some pics of it....she was TOTALLY QUIET during the entire service...talk about miracles :)