Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My thoughts exactly

I usually take a quick glance at CNN and Fox News in the morning to see what sorts of news stories are going on so I can sound at least halfway knowledgeable should any of the topics come up in casual conversation throughout the day.

This morning I came across this article

It literally brought tears to my eyes. I was having this exact inner conflict last night after Carrie went to bed and Anna was hanging out with Jerry. I was putting away toys, freaking that I couldn't find any more of the barn animals that went with Carrie's little barnyard or all four cupcakes that go with her cupcake set (chances are, they are in one of her many "purses" that she's commandeered, which are really Clinique bonus bags, but that's a whole separate post). I kept thinking "Anna's not going to have all the pieces to play with these toys when she gets big enough!" And I was also thinking, good Lord my living room looks like a Toys R Us showroom gone horribly wrong.

Who freaking cares? I bet they don't, so why should I? I have to keep reminding myself that in a very short period of time I'm going to wish that I had all that clutter in my living room. And for you moms out there, if that article wasn't enough to bring tears to your eyes or at least make you stop and think, take a glance at this. I dare you to watch it without having a full on breakdown :)

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

kristyKristy you will never know how fast time gets away . Until they are gone on their way to make a life of their own. But I know your girls will always be close.
Love To you all
Give the girls a big hug and kiss for us.
Wish we could see you all.Maybe soon.
Grandmama

Melissa said...

Very moving for me - thanks for sharing. This is a great thing for me to read, just at the start of motherhood, that will help me to embrace the madness rather than try to control it.