Monday, March 1, 2010

sigh.

So I know I haven't posted much lately. I've spent the better part of the last two weeks or so trying to convince our nanny, Kayla, that she'd be making a ginormous mistake by leaving us to move to Greenville. It's my own selfish reasons of course that I don't want her to go. But family duty calls for her, and I can't help but respect that. I hate that it's happening now and not in January when Anna would be enrolling at Carrie's school, but still :) So she'll be moving soon and her last day with us will be 3/12. I haven't told Carrie yet...I'm just not sure how to break it to her. With Carrie this could go one of two ways - she could either act like nothing's wrong when Kayla doesn't show up on the following Monday morning....or all hell could break loose. There could also be a combination of the two, which is probably the most likely scenario. Kayla has, in the short time she's been with us, really become like part of the family. I can't explain how Anna lights up when she sees her. For awhile there, there were only two people that could even think about touching Anna - Mommy and Kayla. Anna's gotten better now and even handed out some smiles while we were interviewing potential nannies this past weekend (of course, she also pooped all over Jerry at the same time, but oh well!). But will the new nanny send me texts every so often to let me know how Anna's doing, every now and then throwing in a cute picture to help me get through my day? Probably not unless I specifically ask. Will I want to go out to dinner with the girls and the new nanny if Jerry's not in town? Who knows....

So we're on the hunt again for a new nanny. Hopefully this will be the last time we have to do this since Anna should be at Carrie's school in 2011. Everyone cross your fingers for us!

No comments: