Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sibling Rivalry

I knew it was coming but I guess I didn't anticipate it to rear its ugly head so soon!  The interactions between Anna and Carrie are truly hilarious for the most part.  I am always catching Carrie saying stuff to Anna that we've said to her.  For example the other day she was pitching a toddler fit to end all toddler fits, so Jerry calmly removed her from the family room and put her in her room and told her that when she's ready to listen she can come out....well, the other day I'm cooking dinner and the girls were playing in Anna's room and I hear "You aren't listening to me!" from Carrie, then the door shuts.  Five seconds of silence then "Are you ready to listen now?"  I thought I was going to pee in my pants....

All of these funnies seem to happen when I'm trying to cook dinner.  I suppose that's a function of me having to turn my back for 2.8 seconds to do something.  Last night Carrie and Anna were playing in the kitchen with stuff while I was cooking, and Carrie happened to have some paper and crayons and was sitting in the floor happily writing letters and drawing bugs.  Anna was playing with some books but decided Carrie's paper looked way more entertaining so she crawled over and started yanking up pages.  Carrie didn't take kindly to this at all - "ANNA!  Stop messing up my paper!!"  She'd get up and relocate herself and start coloring again, only to have Anna keep following her to various parts of the kitchen and continue to screw with her stack of papers.  Anna was laughing the entire time, and Carrie was very obviously getting pissed.  "ANNA!  STOP FOLLOWING ME AND LEAVE MY PAPER ALONE!" 

I didn't have the heart to tell her that she'd better get used to this cause she's got a life full of this coming, and it's only just begun. 

And am I a bad mommy for thinking this was hilarious?

1 comment:

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

Just wait until she starts taking her shoes.....