Friday, October 15, 2010

Busy busy

Things are hoppin' in the Reeves house, as usual.  Jerry's travel seems to be out of control (and by that I mean he's gone at the most inopportune times which conflict with my schedule).  My travel is about to ramp up; I'm going to be heading to Atlanta once a week through the first week in December for a test prep class for my SPHR certification (that's Senior Professional in Human Resources for you non-HR people).  I passed the PHR test in 2008 so it's about time for me to go ahead and get the next level.  And besides, as one of my friends said jokingly, I need to add a few more letters after my name.  I suppose credentials can't hurt in an economy like this!  It will mean more study time for me, which starts this weekend.  Not only do I just want to get it done to be done, but I also don't want to have to pay the $375 fee for the exam more than once!!

Anna seems to be sleeping better, thank goodness.  Of course now that I've said that I've jinxed myself.  We've been trying to put her down a little earlier and she's responding to it for now, so we're going with it.  She does have her two molars on the top coming in, so I'm sure that won't be without some fuss.  She's finally started saying "Mommy!" too!!!  It's so cute, and nice to hear after months of nothing but "Daddy daddy daddy..." (no offense, Jerry!)

Carrie's just being Carrie these days...I just got an email from her teacher that had me crying from laughing so hard in my office.  Here it is....

Kristy,

I just wanted to give you a heads up about Carrie today at lunch. She refused to eat any of her lunch. She told me she didn’t like soup or grapes. I was like well you had them yesterday and you ate them all up. It was so cute. I felt bad and told her only this once would I make her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She was so excited and ate all of it and was very proud of herself for doing so. She wanted me to write you an email to tell you that she doesn’t want soup and grapes anymore. But then again it might change by Monday! :) I hope you have a great weekend!

I truly have zero doubt that my child actually said to her teacher "Miss Stephanie, will you send my mommy an email telling her I don't want soup and grapes for lunch anymore?"  What a goober!

No comments: