Friday, October 22, 2010

so tired....

And amazingly it's not because Anna's on a sleep strike.  She has actually been sleeping quite well this past week (cue the reversion back to no sleep).  I was terrified she was going to not sleep on Tuesday night.  As it turned out Jerry and I both were scheduled to be out of town at the same time, so Lizzy was a rock star and stayed with the girls.  I was a complete and utter wreck.  Not because I wasn't confident in Lizzy - that girl can handle my two girls no problem (after being in a room with 16 three year olds even my two kids seem tame I would imagine).  I was afraid they were going to act like total freaks while she was there.  As it turns out they were both quite well behaved :)

No, I'm just tired and worn out from life in general.  I know that sounds whiny.  I get that.  Work is just incredibly stressful right now.  UGA & Georgia Southern are trying to get three new engineering programs....which of course just happen to be the same ones we have at GTS.  Everyone's running around totally stressed out and part of my responsibililty here is to try to talk everyone down from the ledge.  It's a little exhausting playing psychologist all day then having to do my normal work at other times so I don't fall totally behind. 

Then there's the SHRM class.  It's definitely something I need to do professionally, but trying to read 200+ pages of material each week and take notes on it and do the practice exams and so forth is a little daunting.  There's a reason why I haven't scheduled my SPHR exam yet - and I probably won't tell anyone when I do schedule it so if I don't pass it's not such a public failure :)

I'm just glad it's Friday.  Maybe the girls will let me sleep in till 7am tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Jen Dalton said...

Kris, I understand exactly how you feel. Unfortunately, it is demanding to be in a high-stress job and be a mother to young children. Last weekend, I lost it...I was sick and felt like I couldn't handle one more thing. Chuck sent me back to bed on Sunday, and I slept ALL day long. Thankfully, God gives us the gift of a new day. Rest this weekend...you will be better at all things from it. Love you~