Monday, November 3, 2008

Mommy's Little Yellow Jacket!

Halloween was a big hit this year, even though we had a slight fever and hacking cough. We just had to go out even for a little bit, and had a GREAT time. At first Carrie wasn't too sure about the whole trick-or-treat thing - why are all these kids dressed up weird, why am I dressed up weird, and why do I have to carry this orange bucket? Once she realized that each trip up to a house meant more stuff dropped into her bucket, she was game. We went to Oldfield, and all of the houses are up steps. Carrie couldn't be bothered with walking up the steps herself. When she arrived at another house, she stopped, looked at me, and said emphatically "UP!" As in, "please pick me up and take me to the top of the stairs, as that is much quicker!" Here are some pictures of our little Yellow Jacket:

All dressed up and ready to roll!



Mommy & Carrie (Daddy unfortunately could not tag along since he was in Atlanta for school)


So excited about Halloween!


No, I did not put her up to this - but how perfect that she's dressed up as a bee and sniffing the flowers?!


Trick-or-treating in luxury!

1 comment:

Jen Dalton said...

Kristy, I can't believe you dressed her that way!!! No really...enjoy it now while you can choose what she will be. I got stuck with Spiderman and Batman this year!!! Love ya and miss you guys!!