Monday, November 24, 2008

WANTED: Rogue Kid in Carrie's Class

I really love the school that Carrie goes to. She seems genuinely happy whenever I take her there/pick her up (that is, when Whizzy doesn't!), it's nice and clean, blah blah blah. I got home today and went over to Whizzy & Pop Pop's house to pick up Carrie. The teachers in Carrie's class send home a report card each day indicating how long she slept, whether or not she enjoyed her lunch, diaper changes, and what they did for the day. There's also a place on there for any additional notes the teacher needs to write; these are generally something to the effect of "Carrie needs more diapers/wipes!" or "Don't forget to bring fruit for the party on Friday!" Today there was a brand new note written on there....


"Carrie was bitten by another student today on her lower right back. It was unprovoked...." I believe there was much more written on there, but honestly how could I pay attention to anything else? Some kid BIT my kid on the back, hard enough to leave a mark on the poor child!! What the hell is that about? I could not for the life of me believe that happened. The teachers were of course very apologetic, and admitted that the kid who did this was a kid they've been working with to stop him/her from biting. It doesn't seem to be phasing her, although we did slather it with Neosporin before putting her PJs on.

Whizzy said the same thing happened when she took Jerry to a Junior League meeting. She said she was pretty livid when it happened. I think I was just so in shock I sort of brushed it off when she originally told me what happened, but now that kid is a wanted kid. Good thing they didn't call out the student by name on Carrie's little report card :)


On that note I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of what happens when you leave Carrie alone for 2.5 seconds...she becomes the next spokesmodel for Clinique. Thankfully I caught her in the act before she could get too carried away!







No comments: