Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recently overheard in the Reeves V household...

I kept meaning to blog about this and kept forgetting...but I just remembered about it and am actually sitting at the computer, so I had to record this for posterity's sake. Carrie's getting quite the vocabulary these days, so it's always funny to engage her in a conversation. Here's one I recently had with her while giving her a bath:
Me: So Carrie, did you have a good day at school today?
Carrie: Yes!
Me: Did you see your friends today?
Carrie: Elisabeth (the teacher), Joey, Caleb. (There are lots of little boys in her class...great).
Me: What did you do today at school?
Carrie: Time out.
Me: (thinking to myself - hmmm....this could get interesting. let's see where this goes). What did you do to get put in time out?
Carrie: Not nice Carrie!!

Who knows what she did, because I just dissolved into laughter which probably wasn't the most appropriate response, but I was just SO not expecting to have that conversation with her!

No comments: