Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Funny School Story

So Carrie's not a big fan of me dropping her off at school in the mornings. I'm not sure if it just throws her off since Whizzy usually takes her, if she's just extra clingy right now, or if some other force is at work, but it usually involves a full-scale meltdown to the point of her gluing herself to my leg. This happened this morning and after me trying everything I possibly could think of, it came time for me to just kiss her goodbye and trust that Elisabeth could handle it when I left (although believe me, I'd much rather have hung out all day and played than go to work!). Elisabeth calmed her down a bit by suggesting that she come over to the big window in their classroom and watch for me and wave when I left the building. Carrie seemed to think that was a good idea so off she went. I slipped out of the room and headed out of the building. I rounded the corner and was immediately greeted with the cutest sight I've seen in a long, long time - an entire line of about seven toddler faces all peeking out of the window waving bye-bye to me just as hard as their little hands would wave. And yes, Carrie was indeed one of the smiling faces, thank goodness.

That was definitely a good way to start the day.

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

Kristy thanks for sharing your storys with us . It makes us feel a little closer to you all.
Give Carrie a big hug and kisses
for us.
Love To you all
Grandmama & Papa

Jen Dalton said...

Been there and have done that as a drop off daddy... believe me, they will be ok!!! You guys are great parents!!! Hope to see all of you soon.
Chuck