Friday, July 17, 2009

Movie Madness

My parents and Jerry have all heard me whining as of late about the filming of a movie on our campus. Miley Cyrus & Greg Kinnear are currently filming "The Last Song" on our campus, and it's been nothing short of a circus. It's been in the works for awhile now. I've been involved in getting all the different sides to play nice and get the lawyers to sign all the necessary paperwork. Then some of the folks in charge of shooting the movie got my phone number and let's just say I've been hopping pretty much non stop for the past two weeks, and especially the past two days as that's when the actual filming has been going on. Yesterday was pretty quiet, amazingly enough, but that was before the Savannah Morning News came out to take photos and then had a huge article in the paper this morning about how Miley was filming on campus. Some family drove from freaking Augusta this morning in hopes of seeing Miley. I hate to burst their bubble, but even on campus that kid's not allowed to walk around - whenever she's going to/from the actual set she's shoved into a giant black Tahoe and shuttled around. One of the local news stations showed up and tracked me down to see if I was interested in being on TV and talking about the effect the filming has had on campus life....no thank you, I value my job and therefore couldn't really say what I wanted to say!

It has been pretty amazing to see the transformation of our campus building into a hospital scene. I did get to sneak a peek at both Miley and Greg Kinnear yesterday afternoon while checking out the chaos (with the blessing of my boss, thank you). Now he and I are scheming to get some GT Savannah merchandise into the hands of Greg & Miley. It would be pretty darn cool to see a photo snapped of Miley Cyrus at some point down the road wearing a GTS t-shirt.

No comments: