Monday, July 27, 2009

Three days a week

That's how often I'll be in the office from now until 8/21. Just three days a week. It feels weird - I haven't done this since I left UF (my boss there was an absolute angel and allowed me to work from home two days a week after Carrie was born....I could only dream for such a set up this time around!). I'm not good at admitting I'm exhausted and run down and can't keep up my usual go, go, go pace, but this time I don't have much choice. I am exhausted and run down :) Plus the OB ordered me to only work three days/week. The amniotic fluid around the baby is lower than she'd like, so it's her hope that with some extra rest and fluid intake it will right itself. I'm not sure of the other alternatives if that course of action doesn't work....IV fluids? Deliver baby early? I didn't really want to get into all of that last week at my appointment because I was a little wigged out about the low fluid levels. I go back on Thursday for another ultrasound (yeah - more pictures!), a non-stress test and check in with the doctor. The only good thing out of this is that Jerry *may* get to come home a week early. I at least had the presence of mind to ask the doc to write a letter indicating it might be in my/baby's/Jerry's best interest to come home earlier than expected. Well, that and the fact that I can watch Food Network all day Tuesday/Thursday if I so desire! ;)

1 comment:

Grandmama said...

Kristy
I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time . Maybe if you stay home some you can get to feeling better. And sure hope Jerry gets to come home early.
Wish he could come now.
Kristy I would give anything if I could come down there and stay with you . I would love to stay with Carrie and you .
Please let us know what the doctor has to say.
Love
Grandmama & Papa