Friday, September 19, 2008

Feelin' good

So I went to work out again this morning - third time in a week, my friends! It does make me feel better, that's for sure. And if I keep this up it seems I'll get more work done since I was sitting at my desk at 7:15am.

Our little family is now experiencing something that we have not experienced in about 7 or 8 years....that would be actual SEASONS. I left Oldfield this morning heading to work, and it was 68 degrees outside! It didn't get down to 68 degrees in Gainesville until about mid-December, although that was hit or miss, and I distinctly remember wearing shorts around New Years Eve last year. It's so nice. Of course, someone might have to remind me I said this when I start complaining about it being cold. I told Jerry just this morning that we needed to schedule a trip to Gainesville so I/we can get our winter clothes (or I could just use this as a good excuse to get an entire new fall/winter wardrobe....but even gas prices aren't that high yet as to justify that instead of driving to/from Gainesville!)

It's going to be just me and Carrie tomorrow, and I am so excited about Mommy-Daughter time! Whizzy & Pop-pop are heading to Atlanta for the GT-Miss. football game with some of their friends, and Jerry's up there for class. Carrie has a hair appointment tomorrow to get her shaggy mane cut, we'll go to Target to pick up a few things, and have lunch together.

We had a nice little mommy-daughter moment last night, although it only lasted for about 3 minutes. I took her outside to toddle around after I got home from work because the kid LOVES being outside. I asked her where the hammock was and she immediately went over to it and wanted me to put her in it. So I climbed in with her, and we laid there looking at the trees, sky, sunshine. She laid her little head on my shoulder and we were just hanging out. Like I said, it only lasted a few minutes because, honestly, there's just too many other fun things to do outside like pick up sticks and organize rocks than to lay still with Mommy. It was still very sweet, though.

1 comment:

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

Good deal on the working out; remember it is about the health benefits more so that fitting into certain clothes. Given the genes we have been dealt, we gotta keep the ticker ticking!!