Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random updates

I'm trying to stick to my update the blog regularly plan....doesn't always work, but hey, I get points for trying right?

I was in Atlanta Sunday night - Tuesday for work, which means I missed Jerry & Carrie terribly. I was able to get a lot of studying done for my HR certification class, of course, but it still wasn't much fun being away from the family. I did also get to go see my grandmother who recently had heart surgery to replace some leaky valves, and she's doing quite well! She may not agree with me on that, but she really is :)

Carrie's growing by leaps and bounds every day. Jerry called me the other day while I was in Atlanta to inform me that Carrie had a new trick - this new trick was the ability to walk backwards. Now, that doesn't sound all that exciting right? Well, it is to the parents that had to listen to her shriek in frustration and anger when she would push her little push toy full force into a wall and get so stinkin' mad that the rules of physics still applied and the push toy wouldn't go any farther. Now she realizes that if she just walks backwards a bit with the toy, she can have another go at it. Of course, I'm not sure Whizzy & Pop-Pop really want the Chicco toy car being rammed into their walls again and again....but we're working on it!

She's started imitating me and Jerry a lot now. Her current favorite one - repeating me when I say "No ma'am!" to her. It comes out from her more like "no man" which makes it even harder not to laugh/react to her when she does it. She's starting to use a few more words, although she still would rather point to objects and have you say what it is. If I ask her where something is (i.e Where's the Madeline book?) she can immediately pick it up and bring it to me. This is where I have to keep reminding myself that all kids develop at vastly different ranges and while she's not yet penning the Great American Novel, it's probably not something to fret over.

No comments: