Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Sweetest Thing

I have been inspired by a fellow blogger friend to keep more up-to-date on my blog :) I know she wasn't pinging me alone on this, but as I told her yesterday, I started this in mind to be able to record the little things that I might not otherwise remember, and I'm doing a pretty poor job at it. So now I'm sad to say that I've actually put a reminder on my calendar that will annoy the hell out of me each week to post something, anything. We'll see if it works!

I did have one cute story from Tuesday evening. I am working on my Professional in Human Resources certification, which requires me to go to a class once a week from 6-9pm. This of course means missing bedtime, one of my very favorite times of the day because it's just me & Carrie. I called Jerry as I was on my way home from my class, and he puts the phone up to Carrie's ear so I could tell her good night. I started babbling through the phone, knowing full well the kid is probably just fiddling with the buttons and trying to hang up on me. Do you know that girl actually kissed the phone when I started talking to her? Yes, I do believe Jerry probably said something to the effect of "kiss Mommy night-night" but I don't care. It was still sweet, and I loved it.

1 comment:

a said...

Ah, I love that story. I talked to Carrie the other day and she sounded like a cross between an american 1 year old and a chinese lady...he he!
She is too cute!