Thursday, September 11, 2008

Suggestions please!

Someone please explain this to me - somehow, someway I am currently carrying fewer pounds than when I got pregnant with Carrie....but the clothes I wore previously laugh at me when I try to put them on now! Seriously, I know this is a case of migrating fat (i.e. the fat that I had prior to having Carrie is still there - just moved to a different place on my body), but what gives? This is just rude, plain and simple.

So I'm asking for suggestions on just how do moms find time to work out??? I mean, I have all these cute clothes that I'd love to fit back in to, but a)not sure it's gonna happen regardless of how much working out occurs, and b)how in the hell do I even find time to squeeze in a workout? I don't like the idea of working out after work - I'm less inclined/motivated to do so at the end of a long work day, but more importantly it would eat into my already precious few hours with Carrie at the end of the day.

I was so proud of myself on Tuesday morning because I dragged my butt out of bed at 5am and actually went to the gym. Yeah me! Have I repeated this feat? Absolutely not. I had good intentions of doing so this morning, but when the alarm went off at 5am I felt like a brick was sitting on top of my sinuses. Fun times. I need some motivation people! I know I would feel better if I just worked out at least 3 or 4 times a week. Now if I can just figure out how to make it happen without losing sleep, losing time with Carrie, losing study time for my PHR certification....

No comments: