Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh what a night(s)...

The past couple of nights have been WEIRD around the Reeves V household. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning Carrie decided it would be a fantastic idea to come snuggle with Daddy at 5:45am. I wasn't even aware that she was up and at 'em until I left the bathroom after getting ready and heading out at 6am. Apparently it only got more crazy yesterday morning because Jerry was telling me all about how Carrie and Bailey started wrestling each other and chasing each other around our bedroom at about 6:05am. All the while Jerry's trying to go back to sleep and convince Carrie to come back to bed and snuggle with him. From the sounds of it, it didn't happen. Good times :)

Then last night Anna went to sleep at 8:30, woke up at 9, went to sleep at 10, woke up at 11, then went to sleep for good at 11:30. That's not the weird part for last night. The weird part is the 2am "Daddy I'm done with my nap" discussion between Carrie and Jerry. Really? This is the first time she's ever done this, this getting up truly in the middle of the night and padding all the way down the length of the house to our room. I don't think she even realized I was still in the bed; I think she really thought it was time to get up and start the day because she went straight over to Jerry's side and was all "I'm done with my nap!" (in a whispered voice, of course). Jerry gently explained no, you are most certainly NOT done with your "nap" so let's go back to bed. He took her back to her bed, tucked her in, and when I left at 6:15 they were still asleep. You know it's been an interesting night when you tell your husband bye and he just says "Where are they?" As in - where are the kids? Are they in their beds where they should be???

No comments: