Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Whoa!

How is it possible that my baby is almost three years old??? I cannot believe this and actually am in pretty strong denial about it. She does things that I still don't think she should be capable of doing yet - telling me a stop sign is an octagon, the bed is a rectangle, counting to 20, singing her months of the year song, you name it. Of course, then she goes into full on toddler mode (aka pitching an almighty fit) and I'm all "yep, she's three!"

So now I must get started on the party planning. I'm thinking of just doing it at Island Playground and inviting her friends from school. It's a one-stop shopping sort of thing. I write a check and someone else does all the work. Sounds great to me. But then I sent this link to Jerry and he's all excited about doing this instead. I wonder if he realizes this is a toddler party and not an adult party?! I know she'd love to have her very own bounce house in her backyard, but it just sounds like extra work for Mommy & Daddy to host people at the house (not to mention make sure the house is looking decent).

I looked at the options and I know she'd love the Disney Princess one, but then read on there "your princess won't want this to end!" Yeah, no joke. It'll be like WWIII when they come back to tear that thing down and I am left to try to explain to her that no sweetie, we don't get to keep the Disney castle as our own personal play yard.

What to do, what to do?

3 comments:

anne said...

this is exactly what we're doing for C's 2nd - renting a bounce house for the backyard. It's really pretty easy - just made a quick call and they do free delivery/setup included in the price. :)

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

Keep it simple. Both have their advantages. Make sure the HOA allows a bouncy thing if that is the route you want to take. I seem to recall Jerry AND YOU in a bouncy at one of Zachary's birthday parties....I believe there are photos somewhere.

I can't believe our sweet Carrie is almost three!

As a quick side note, you did not had terrible twos - it was the three's for you, my dear. Hopefully Little Missy already has it out of her system....

Love
MOM

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

Sorry, just went back to that bouncy site. Please, please tell me the bouncy does NOT come with that crazy-ass music.