Monday, March 15, 2010

"That" moment...

You know how you always hear about someone's kid making some sort of really loud, highly embarassing remark out in public?  Well, we had one of those on Saturday....

It was a nice day so we were sitting outside at Jim N Nicks, a yummy BBQ place near the house.  We were out running errands and Carrie just busted out with "I want some lunch.  Let's go to Jim N Nicks."  (and that's not a joke - I think that's pretty much verbatim what she said).  So we went. 

Now, I am the first to admit I watch a lot of crap TV when given the opportunity.  Hey, I could be addicted to a lot worse things.  One of the guilty pleasures is The Biggest Loser.  If you watch anything on NBC then you've seen the promos for it, and apparently so has Carrie.  And she's been paying attention.  There's a guy on there that is, obviously, overweight and has really curly hair. 

Anyone want to guess where this is headed? 

So we're sitting outside and she spies a man coming up the front walk that is, yes, a bit overweight, but has the exact same hair as Daris on The Biggest Loser.  So she busts out with "Mommy!!  He's on The Biggest Loser!!!" 

I'm pretty sure the guy heard what she said, although I can't be totally sure since I had pretty much slunk down in my chair as far as humanly possible.  It takes a lot to mortify Jerry, and I could tell by the look on his face that he was just that. 

She keeps us on our toes, that one.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE it! Emily does this to me all of the time.

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

Out of the mouths of babes.... believe me, it could have been a LOT worse!